Friday, January 15, 2010

It's All Good



Nothing is more unnerving than going to your "big ultrasound." The one where all your little ones parts are searched for, counted, and measured to make sure everything is ok. On the flipside, nothing is more relieving than hearing that your baby is perfectly healthy. We got to breath a huge sigh of relief around 11:00am yesterday. She's perfect. Thank you, Lord!

I think she looks like her Daddy. It looks like she has his nose. We'll see in June. However, if she acts like her father, I'm doomed. I knew him growing up. I heard the horror stories of him when he was little. Mom saw him in action. She's warned me.

Despite the fact that I have a 50/50 chance of birthing a terror, we are so thankful and so blessed to a healthy baby on the way AND so ready to meet her!

First half of the nine months...CHECK. Second half...let's get'r done!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
D&C 78: 17-19

2 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Congrats on your sweet baby girl!

Becky Shuler said...

I love that scripture toO! Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for y'all and I know that she'll be an angel! So glad everything looked good in the ultrasound.