Sunday, January 27, 2008

The "Other Side" of Pregnancy




I always post happy pictures...give or take a few toddler pouts...but for the most part, I love fun upbeat picture. On the flip side, I had to post this. I'm entering it into a contest online. The contest theme is "Dark and Moody" and it has to be a maternity picture or a child's picture. So, I figured this picture not only encompassed the theme, but it also encompassed the "other side of pregnancy." The "WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE OVER??" feeling all of us veteran moms know. The nausea, the tiredness, the mood swings, the swollen feet, the backaches... It's not all fun and games, but no one really ever tells you this. In essence, here is a REAL near-the-end-maternity picture. No happy fluff. So, for my "artsy" shot of the week...here you go! Crossing my fingers I win :)

***note that I really did love being pregnant :) Just not the last month of it!

No comments: