Tuesday, March 6, 2012

T - 15 days

Countdown begins. Sure 'nuf. Actually the countdown began March 21st, 1982...but it's not until now that I'm realizing the fact that...in two weeks...I'll be 30. 30. 30. 30. 30... Did I tell you I'll be 30?

You know, I could so totally sit here and dwell in my own self pity that I'm getting older. Slowly rounding that corner off of Young Street and accelerating onto Old Avenue. But I'm not. I embrace it. Actually, I kind of like it. Call me wierd, but I'm ready to leave my 20's behind. In the dust {brush off my shoulder}.

Bye bye 20ish drama. That weird age of realizing you're no longer a teenager, but the irritating drama still carries over. The 10 years of "finding yourself." Figuring out who you were and who you are working towards becoming.

I can honestly say I'm ready to move on. I feel I've learned a lot from the last 10 years. I've learned what's important in life. That if you have a family that loves you, you've got it all. If you have your health, you're blessed beyond measure. That if you learn to rely solely on our Heavenly Father, there's absolutely nothing in this life you cannot make it through...and trust me...I had to do that quite a bit in my ol' 20's. I finally know where I'm going in my life. I have a clear picture of where I've been...where I am...where I want to be. Where I want my family to be. What it's going to take to get there. If I live my life focused on this simple vision, I'll be ok. We'll be ok. Will it be easy? Probably not...well...most definitely not. But we'll make it.

I'm happy. I have everything I've ever wanted in life. Ok...maybe I'd like to fit into my size 4 jeans again...but...whatever. There's a reason for that right now ;) I am married to my best friend. I have 4 beautiful healthy kiddos. I have a home. Food to eat each day. Really, who could ask for more?

Lastly, I always said I wanted to make sure I had all my kids by the time I was 30. I came pretty dog-gone close. I guess August 23, 2012 isn't TOO far past 30. Yep...guess plans can change. In this case, it's cool. It's exciting. I feel blessed that Heavenly Father will allow me to take on the challenge of raising not 4...but 5 mini me's in my 30's and beyond. Super excited about that. After all, they keep me young (other than the grey hair that's finding it's way through all the dark hair).

So...arms up...muscles flexed...HOOO-AH! Come on 30. Save me from what were 10 c-razy years. I'll embrace all you have to offer with much more wisdom, courage, strength...and a slightly bigger waistline (ok...a lot bigger waistline) than I ever had in my 20's. I'm still young at heart. I still dance (when no one's looking). I still like to color (the kids think my drawings are da bomb...and I think that's da bomb). I love to play with play-doh. Play ball with the kids. And I still think it's super cool that I can shoot a bird with my middle toe on my left foot. Not the greatest bragging right...I'm aware of that...but it sure comes in handy when Logan irritates me :)

Anyways, 'nuf said about all that.

Now I'm tired. ...and it's lunchtime... is this part of getting older? *yawn*

d

No comments: