Thursday, September 17, 2009

[rules]

Some things I don't understand. Some things I DO NOT WANT to understand. The longer I live the more I realize how true Dad's two rules of life are.

1. People are dumb (I'll err on the side of nice for this one and stick with "people don't make good choices")
2. People are out for your money

Hey, they aren't MY rules. Didn't say I agreed in how he presents them, but I've found that...a lot of the time...they are true. Before I continue, let me confess that I've had my fair share of "not good choices." Actually, I've had my very fair share of dumb moments. Di and Ber, DO NOT MAKE A COMMENT. I will delete it. Promise ;) Now I can continue to type non-hypocritically.

Now, before you judge me too quickly on posting rule #1, read this:

What is CDC’s recommendation regarding "swine flu parties"?
"Swine flu parties" are gatherings during which people have close contact with a person who has 2009 H1N1 flu in order to become infected with the virus. The intent of these parties is for a person to become infected with what for many people has been a mild disease, in the hope of having natural immunity 2009 H1N1 flu virus that might circulate later and cause more severe disease.

CDC does not recommend "swine flu parties" as a way to protect against 2009 H1N1 flu in the future. While the disease seen in the current 2009 H1N1 flu outbreak has been mild for many people, it has been severe and even fatal for others. There is no way to predict with certainty what the outcome will be for an individual or, equally important, for others to whom the intentionally infected person may spread the virus.


taken from http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

So, we see rule #1 really does apply. So, when these swine flu party-goers become infected with H1N1, they go to the doctor...who in turn is out for your money...who writes you a prescription for medication from pharmaceutical companies who we ALL know are out for our money...in which the partiers must take because they were dumb. See, the rules go round and round.

The fact that I actually took my time to look up info on the H1N1 virus on the CDC website probably categorizes me under rule #1. However, that being said, it also shows that I am as freaked out about coming anywhere near a virus spore from this mess as I was from the LARGE grasshopper on the door last week that prohibited me from entering my own home. That's ok, though. I have a germex party at LEAST 10 times a day while these idiots have their "let's infect ourselves" party.

Now, to which does rule #1 apply?

That's what I thought ;)

Have a great H1N1-free day!

2 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

That is INSANE! Are you glad you got your shot? Did it make you sick?

Hey we had so much fun at the birthday party! Thanks for including us. Sorry we were late...I'm so embarrassed we got lost. Anyhow, let's get together some time soon! Oh, and wasn't that FSU/BYU game amazing?? - Becky

Dee said...

Hey girl, we are so glad you could make it. Don't be embarrassed. You're talking to someone who was headed toward Orlando on the interstate and realized that Pensacola signs we were seeing might indicate I was going in the wrong direction ;)

We DEF need to get together soon. Life has just seemed SO crazy over the summer that I didn't do anythign with anyone. Didn't see the game! I was exhausted...wish I did though.