Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Voo-Doo

I'm thinking someone has a voo-doo doll of me. Dee. Cause EVERY time I think things are going well, something voo-doo-izes the situation. Not that my life is bad. It's not. It's just full of...hmmm...thinking of a good phrase..."unusual amount of unfortunate circumstances."

Example:

I decide to buy and cook a large Publix Greenwise Organic steak tonight for me and the kids. Yea, I eat organic meat. I'm a freak like that...according to my mother. I figured we would have a nice (antibiotic/pesticide free) dinner tonight. Just me and my two sidekicks.

So, in an attempt to make our evening even more special, I cooked dinner early so the kids and I could play outside together before our big dinner. How nice it was going to be to come in from running and riding bikes to a nice hot STEAK supper. We played. We ran. Kids rode bikes. I fit in a few sets of lunges. Ya know, the usual.

We go inside. Anna first, Tripp second, Tahra third, me last. I lag behind just long enough for the dog to smell the steak that's waiting on the counter for us to eat. Long enough for her to devour every last bit of it before I could catch her. Long enough to say bye-bye to our nice little sit down dinner.

Everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe that steak had some nasty bacteria in it. Maybe it was infested with Mad Cow disease. Maybe the person that has my voo-doo doll did it. I don't know. All I know is that nothing ever goes as planned around here. But that's ok. I could SOOO go for a grilled cheese right now. It's not bad if we eat them 6 nights a week instead of 5...is it? ;)

At least the dog ate good tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUP! YUP! YUP!...... Only something like that would happen to DEE..... My always so careful, I eat organic mean,excerciseholic, fun and great sister.....all I can say is WOW!!!!! *wink*

Anonymous said...

LMBO!!! So, what did you end up eating for dinner?

Dee said...

Mic, I think I may be taking after your "unfortunate amount of circumstances" hubby ;)

Ash, I actually reverted to pb&j sandwiches. I figured nothing could go wrong with that.