Thursday, December 18, 2008

In a Fog






Wow. That actually perfectly describes what I feel like from the moment I wake up until the second my head hits the pillow every night. Maybe that's the reason I videoed the majority of Anna's school Christmas program yesterday EXCEPT her solo singing performance. Hellllloooo, welcome to Dumb Dee World! How that happened, I have no clue. All I know is that we have practiced and practiced so much for her big moment that I think her song is permanently etched into her CD player. Anyways, I should expect stuff like this to happen. I actually did expect it as I waved the video camera in the air before the program began and jokingly said, "Watch, some-way, some-how, I'll miss Anna's solo." And to think that I purposfully did NOT bring the "click" camera because "I was going to video her instead." Whatever. I'm a moron. I admit it.

On the flip side, I have to brag on my Anna Montana. She did a superb job and I'm so proud of my little singer. I think I was more nervous than she was and I'm sure I got some odd looks from parents as I mouthed the song to her while she was singing all while trying to force a smile through emotional tears. But, during those 3 minutes that my little girl was onstage in front of all of her school and all of the parents, I was the proudest parent in the world. Thankful for my precious little girl. And finally realizing why our little "surprise" child is here ;) Love you Anna Bugs!

Oh...and here's some pics of our fog-infested yard yesterday morning before her program. I'm normally not a nature-pic person, but, whatever. :)

No comments: